Monday, January 19, 2009

You and I, A Different Story


Tinted,
Like a car's darkened windows
Ironic?
You could say so, I suppose.
Forgetful,
like you you used to be
By association
I guess I could be guilty.
Trust
You never really had to ask
Lies
I'm sorry, it was nothing but a mask.
Love
Do you even believe in it today?
Lust
Is that the only other way?
Confused
It's all I really know for sure
Peace
Is that really what I'm looking for?

Forget
Just like you used to do
Guilty?
Ah, I'm almost as bad as you
Laughter
Rings best in the coldest night
Pain?
Out of mind once out of sight
A Plan
There really is no such thing
Is it Cold?
Oh darling, won't you sing?
Today
Made of scraps, like of metal old
Memories
All that remain after the rest you've sold
Stars
To remind you of things you knew but long forgot
Innocent
Always, Until the day you finally get caught

No comments:

Post a Comment