Friday, January 16, 2009

Memories?

Believe me, I know...

I know what it's like when you talk about memories in that rare happy voice and have silence on the other end from your partner in crime... and then the question "When was this?"

Trust me, I know... I know how you feel when you hug someone you care about and haven't met in ages and you see their eyes light up; Everything is okay till you light that cigarette and laugh as reminiscing and the only thing they have to say is "Dude, that's funny... but I really don't remember..."

And you smile and say "Yeah dude... It's cool, don't worry bout it." And surprised as you may be at how you feel, the truth is that it breaks your heart. It destroys something inside... and you walk away confused... You wonder whether anything you ever shared with them means anything at all.

But you know what? That light in their eyes shines for you and you alone. They may have forgotten your words, but you still mean as much as you did, if not more. So never think they care less because they forgot your birthday, exam or even New Year's eve... coz it's still going to be the same voice at the end of the line... and the light is still gonna shine... Even if they can't remember what put it there in the first place....

2 comments:

  1. Freak, you think too much...lol, seriously!
    But yeah, I know what you are trying to say...people with sharp memories have to often bear the brunt

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was talkin to someone about this... and I realized that I now officially belong to both sides.

    Not cool.
    :(

    ReplyDelete