Sunday, February 8, 2009

Untitled


On some days
I think I should call out
But instead I just look out again
and watch the sea tease the shore
and I can only whisper to myself "Not anymore"
Not anymore
Not anymore...
Just loud enough for myself, not anymore

But,
Every single time the water returns
Only I can feel the relief
And every time it laughs away
Only I can hear the grief

I would ask you to come back to me
Love, I would ask you to return
But I don't ever call
Because you can't leave
if you were never here at all
Never here at all
never here at all
No, you can't leave if you were never here at all

And so
I only watch you go
screaming in the language of the dead
I want you to understand me
But I refuse to repeat what I said

One day things will change my dear
Some day the earth and the sea shall not meet
Perhaps because the sea forgot to return
or maybe the Earth chose to freeze
But I refuse to watch you burn
Watch you burn
Watch you burn...
I apologize, but I refuse to watch you burn...

No comments:

Post a Comment