Saturday, February 21, 2009

Indecision

How do you decide whether you should do something or not if you can't fully comprehend the consequences?

I've always been confused about my indecisiveness, but I think I've finally figured out how this works. As long as I know what's probably going to happen as a result of my actions, I can decide. I can choose. It may take me a while, but I always can.

However, when the decision is to be made regarding something where the consequences are such that I either can't comprehend them at all, or something horribly mundane and unimportant, I never know what to do. You can give me a day or a month or a year, and I still won't know what to do...

All this revelation thing is fine and everything, but it doesn't help one bit!!! I need to do something and I need to do it now. Or I need to stop thinking about it.

"As you grow older, you'll find the only things you regret are the things you didn't do."

Damn it!

Oh well, when you can't decide, I think you should always look for poems, quotes or songs dealing with the question. The great secret (that you're better off not knowing) is that you never let them decide for you. You subconsciously choose the song/quote/poem where the choice that you want is made.

Thus, you get to do exactly what you want without even having to figure out what it is that you do want. It works perfectly.

I guess I know what I'm going to do now...

No comments:

Post a Comment